MINDFULNESS DAY – INNER RETREAT
TRANSFORM YOUR BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT THROUGH THE EXPLORATIVE PROCESSES OF MOVEMENT, ART AND MINDFULNESS. FEEL CALM AND STRONG TO TAKE YOUR PRACTICE INTO DAILY LIVING. WALK AWAY FEELING A BLISSFUL STATE OF INNER PEACE AND HARMONY.
This programme consists of 3 aspects to practice and cultivate:
- Physical – Heart opening movements
- Mental – Exploring sensations and understanding the nervous system
- Emotional – Discovering thoughts and feelings through Art
- Welcome & Introduction
- Body and awareness training
- Guided Mindfulness session – Connecting and listening to body sensations
- Exploring silent meditation
- Heart-opening movements to release neck, chest and back tension
- Mindful Eating
- Rediscover the Self through Art
- Looking into your own patterns of thinking, feeling and action
- Learning how to transform your patterns positively with mantra and affirmations
- Developing a personal practice of mindfulness
- Radiance massage with Gua Sha Crystal
- Yin Yoga with Crystal Sound Healing
- Yoga Nidra – Divine Sleep Meditation
- Sharing Circle
THINGS WE PROVIDE
- Mats, bolsters, blankets, blocks, straps
- Art materials and a journal
- For Mindful Eating, we will provide traditional chinese medicine herbal teas,
snacks and refreshments to join us in practicing compassionate eating.
- For Therapeutic Art with Music, we will provide a journal and drawing materials.
- For Radiance massage with Gua Sha, we will provide you with your personal Gua Sha Crystal tool to massage your face and body. We will also share with the various types of crystals and their healing benefits.
- For Aromatherapy, we will provide you different blends of therapeutic oils to choose from and take home with you
THINGS YOU NEED
- You need to wear comfortable and stretchy clothes.
- Bring a water bottle or mug
- Bring a towel to cover the mat or to clean yourself
- To put aside all digital devices and immerse yourself in this day of mindfulness
BEFORE THE SESSION
- Take your time to TRANSITION from your previous activities to the scheduled meeting/practice.
- Come in 10 or 15 minutes before the scheduled time to find your space in the studio and familiarize with the facilities.
- Let your friends, family and colleagues know that you are not available during the 4 hours.
- Put your phone away so that you may resist distraction / temptation of checking the phones during the session.
- It would be much appreciated if you could KINDLY BE PUNCTUAL so that the programme can start on time. The mindfulness session won’t get interrupted by people joining in, and you yourself will have ample time to gently slow down and relax into the practice. Those coming in late can enjoy their breathing while gently and quietly joining in the group.
DURING THE SESSION
- We are doing movements so set aside 2 metres of space around you to keep safe distancing.
- Notice the group around you, their body language and expressions. Respond with a smile or a nod as a sign of acknowledgement. Respect and honour each other’s unique processes.
- Know that not all exercises are comfortable. So trust in the process and allow the facilitator to guide you gently with the customised practice that will be provided for you.
- Feel free to refresh yourself when needed. If there’s a need to step outside, make a gesture to the facilitator and leave the room mindfully.
- For sharing circles, everyone is welcome to share feedbacks and experiences
BOOK YOUR INNER RETREAT
COMOSHAMBHALA URBAN ESCAPE
31 October 2021
28 November 2021
S$120 per person / retreat